Engaging Networks is a fast growing, global software company with head offices in Washington, DC and London. Our team members are excited about what we’re achieving together as a company, and even more by what we are helping our 400+ nonprofit clients to achieve, using our constantly improving technology. We’ve created a fun and energetic work environment that is focused entirely on helping our clients and their missions to succeed. This focus, and our team’s determination to keep innovating, has produced recent strong growth in our business of 30% or more each year.
A rising number of the world’s most recognized nonprofits have chosen the Engaging Networks integrated software platform to power their digital fundraising, advocacy, email marketing, peer-to-peer, events and overall data management. These inspiring nonprofit organizations include Human Rights Campaign, PETA, Amnesty International USA, National Wildlife Federation, Ocean Conservancy, Human Rights Watch, Humane Society International, The Pew Charitable Trusts, Greenpeace (across 30+ countries), International Medical Corps, National Park Foundation, Cornell Lab of Ornithology, SOS Children’s Villages USA, Unicef Canada and Canadian Red Cross, just to name a few.
We are seeking to hire an experienced Client Support Specialist, to be based in the Washington DC area, to join our expanding team. There may be opportunities to work from home sometimes, but the position will mainly be based in our new location at the Impact Hub in Oakland. This is a full-time position.
Our Client Support team is currently based in Washington, DC (and London, in the UK), but the new Specialist will be located on the West Coast, so that we can expand the number of support hours available to our clients. The new Specialist will agree to be “on call” on weekends (though not during vacations) to provide tech support to our clients as needed on Saturdays and Sundays. In practice, it is relatively rare that our clients require any support over weekends, but it does happen sometimes. In return for accepting this “on call” status on weekends, the Client Support Specialist will be able to take off one or two weekdays each week. We will work out the specific arrangement with the new Specialist in consultation with our Director of Client Support.
The Client Support Specialist role combines a diverse set of responsibilities, including responding to client requests for help on the phone or via email, assisting new clients to get started with our software (including migrating database records and setting up HTML templates), training clients on the basics of using our tools, and developing client support materials, all while encouraging clients to engage with us and with each other. We seek someone who will work proactively and creatively to ensure that clients get the most out of our tools. The objective of our client support is never just to answer a question, but rather to listen actively to determine what the client is really trying to achieve. This enables us to help clients to solve problems and seize opportunities more fully.
- Provide telephone and email support to clients who have questions about using our software
- Set up client HTML templates and adjust their CSS
- Provide guidance and some support for data migration from other systems
- Help clients to adopt “best practices” based on our extensive experience working with hundreds of clients and thousands of campaigns
- Run individual and group training sessions covering all products and services
- Write and record support materials for posting to our knowledge base and for integrating into our software
- Proactively review the campaigns that clients build using Engaging Networks, and provide suggestions on how to improve the structure and content of their pages
Engaging Networks is a dynamic business. Everyone on the team supports our entrepreneurial approach to meeting company objectives. This means helping and supporting the work of others, and recognizing that hard work is an essential ingredient to our success. It also means showing energy and initiative. Additional specific requirements are listed below.
- Work experience in a related field (e.g. web design or development, software testing, software training and support)
- Proficiency coding HTML and CSS
- Experience providing customer service or support
- Patience, empathy and good interpersonal skills
- A passion for software and the Internet
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication abilities, both verbally and in writing
Additional Skills and Experience Desired
We especially encourage candidates who have the potential to increase their level of responsibility, and the ambition to grow professionally as our company grows. The ideal Client Support Specialist will have advanced technical skills to help us with more complicated client migrations to the Engaging Networks platform, and even to provide occasional technical support to our sales team. Each of the following qualifications is not required but is a definite “plus”:
- Experience working with databases
- An understanding of network administration
- The ability to simplify complicated technical issues using clear, direct language
- Project management ability
- Compensation is competitive for this position, depending on qualifications and experience. Engaging Networks provides to its employees optional subsidized plans for medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as an optional 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Please email your resume, and a message about why you are right for this opportunity, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “U.S. Client Support Specialist” in the subject line.